Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences offer all the core subjects like English ,Hindi, Sanskrit, Geography, Political Science, Economics and Psychology. The faculty through these courses strive to give students the knowledge and skills that promote an interdisciplinary understanding of human society and the natural world.
It teaches students how history, art, music, religion and culture have shaped the modern world. While on one hand, Humanities centres around art, music and literature while Social Sciences focuses on economics, geography and political science. Subjects of the three streams are opted in combination as they somehow complement with each other.
It is now a renaissance of arts and humanities. A lot of career opportunities are available for Humanities & Social Sciences students’ right after graduation. The subjects in these streams are the most preferred for Civil Services. Cultural anthropologist, teaching, writing, journalism are some of the opportunities associated with these subjects. The real fun about these streams is option of choosing all the three main subjects of interest, yet being varied.
Vision of the faculty is to offer the best for the society by imparting quality education to stimulate in the students a spirit of inquiry and desire to gain knowledge and skills that can enrich their lives in future. The Faculty of Arts, Social Sciences & Humanities is committed to nurture the students and to bring upliftment in the life style of rural citizens.
Mission of the faculty is to provide value based education and mould the character of younger generation, to inculcate discipline and perseverance in students through methodological teaching with the aim of making best citizen. To be a source of inspiration that nurtures the youth as responsible, talented professionals by sowing the seeds of skill based education and technical competency.
Objectives & Goals
- To offers opportunities for the development of self, through a set of social values.
- To foster the art of critical reading, writing and thinking.
- To recognize the nature of cultural identity and cross-cultural differences.
- To accept with flexibility and openness the cultural differences in society.
- To develop insight into the nature, process and culture of language(s).
- To understand the geographical reliefs and historical background of the world.
- To explain the social and political structures.