Subjects of Science is one of the oldest and the most important academic disciplines which covers a wide variety of discipline. It ensures to approach things in a theoretical and finally proved through practical work. Science has evolved to a point where the most difficult and challenging problems require the pooling of disciplinary knowledge and expertise by a systematic effort of acquiring knowledge through observation and critical thinking. Science inculcates a scientific approach and problem resolving tendency in students so that they could become a professional and responsible citizen.
IT, the acronym most popularly referred is Information Technology. The last century saw the emergence of this and since then it has not stopped snooping and finding unconventional areas. As earlier thought of, to be an aid to scientists or people who handle huge data, it is now in every sphere of life. The ease of life through the click of a button in a computer or in our palms in mobile phones are the boon we got. The subject is volatile and changing faster than the eye can blink, which makes it an interesting subject for study.
With inter-disciplinary subjects taking a fancy in today’s world, academics is no more confined to water-tight compartments vis-à-vis traditional subjects of science. It not only has supported science subjects but is equally partnering with other subjects like agriculture, humanities, management and commerce too.
To emerge as a premier higher learning institution and centre of excellence in field of sciences and to foster the knowledge up-to the rural areas.
- Enlightening and empowering students of rural background to realize their potential through righteous amalgamation of knowledge, values and skills which could ultimately serve society.
- To prepare proficient science with the spirit of Entrepreneurship.
- To encourage ‘out of the box’ thinking with intent to provide scientific solutions at par with the requirement of society.
Salient Features of Faculty of Science and Information Technology
- Students are prepared so as to hold a position in an organization of repute to utilize the learning, knowledge, and skills for the betterment of society.
- Students are encouraged to contribute significantly at global level in field of research.
- Students are made to understand the details of a problem and acquire a solution finding approach to unleash success.
- Students are groomed to develop themselves in a highly organized and hard-working individual looking for a responsible position to gain practical experience.
- Students are educated to inculcate a practice of using interpersonal skills to achieve goals of a company.
- Educational tour and exposure to industries are the part of curriculum to provide direct experience.
- Many emeritus professors are visiting the University to disseminate their experience in form of seminars and lectures,
- Skill programmes are an integral part of the credits
- State of the art Infrastructure of research grade laboratories to provide an exposure to students to get hands-on experience of latest technologies.