As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC becomes a part of the institution's system and works towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance.
The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions.
IQAC is expected to fulfill the following objectives:
- To develop and implement a strategy for conscious, consistent and continuous enhancement of quality to improve the academic and administrative performance and standards of the programmes of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture, accountability, and institutionalization of best practices and awards.
- The IQAC shall evolve the mechanisms and procedures for ensuring Timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning and the credibility of evaluation procedures.
- The adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services for Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
The IQAC shall have the following functions:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of MPU.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Madhyanchal Professional University, Bhopal (MPU) for overall quality-related activities.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of MPU.
- Organization of inter and intra Faculties workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of MPU, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of MPU for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional database through ERP for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in MPU.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- In terms of UGC Regulations 2010, IQAC shall act as the Documentation and Record-Keeping cell, including assistance in the development of the API criteria based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) proforma using the indicative template separately developed by the UGC. In order to facilitate the process, all teachers shall submit the duly filled-in PBAS proforma to the IQAC annually.
- Any other assignment by the Vice-Chancellor.
The IQAC shall submit the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the University duly approved by statutory bodies of the University to NAAC regularly. The functional Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and timely submission of Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) are the Minimum Institutional Requirements (MIR) to volunteer for second, third or subsequent cycle’s accreditation.
The IQAC shall create its exclusive window on the official website of University and regularly upload its activities and the AQAR.